Friday, December 23, 2011

Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas


As others around me left Noble High School today, I realized that the decorations I was removing from the Christmas tree in the lobby were the only ones I had handled this Christmas. There was a time in my life that this would have left me saddened. No lights, no tinsel, no personal mementos hanging from the limbs of a fresh tree. Not this year. The paper backpacks served to bring a much richer meaning to this holiday season. I have been witness to the true spirit of Christmas in the grace and generosity of others. I have been blessed to be the conduit to funnel faith and hope and love to the lives of the young of Concepcion del Norte. And I have been given a gift far more valuable than any purchase- renewed faith in the genuine goodness of people when they are given the opportunity to let it shine! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment