Friday, July 2, 2010

Trinidad or Bust!!!!!!


I often post to this site as if all who read it know what we are doing here. Trust me, I often leave that up to God because otherwise the conditions of life here could leave one in a constant state of bewilderment. Fortunately I have learned to forget the questions and just seek the next direction. I have learned to accept the small miracles along the way. Like not one penny spent to bring over 200 lbs. of supplies with us, or the group of medical students from LSU on their way to Guatemala who took our card to connect for a possible trip to Concepcion, or Amanda seeing her friend Josue in the airport when we went to arrange transportation for our group. Or the fact that I ran into a book written from the letters of Mother Theresa. Back to what we are doing here... Amanda and I have come a week in advance of our first group of 10 who will arrive 7/6! Much has been arranged. Today began with designing the wrought iron security gate for Los Angelitos, a house to soon be converted to a full fledged guarderia (day care). We then followed the artist to his village to see other designs incorporated in windows, gates, etc. On to Trinidad to order a lot of the building materials to repair the walls damaged by the earthquake of a year ago. Back to the village for the best part of the day, playing with Lourdes, Carlito, Jose, and Marilu. Also quick visits to the sewing center and to watch the teens making jewelry. The best part of the day.... being on the receiving end of kisses blown through the air by Carlito. It's a tough job but I couldn't be happier to do it!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear things are going well so far! You're in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I can't wait to see you over there! Please email me about anything Nicole and I should bring over. Love you!

    ReplyDelete