Sunday, May 6, 2012

Another True Celebration of the Journey We Travel

Bright colors and uplit palm trees filled a room amidst the numerous faces and voices of Daisy's American contingent. As I stood on the stage, clinging to the overwhelming urge to give into the rampant surge of emotions, my voice quavered as expected. Before me was a human timeline of the last 3 1/2 years, from the first person to lead me to the village to some of the most recent listeners to this incredible tale of the dusty road less traveled. I could see the face of my partner in grime and hear the laughter of those who first answered the plea to join me in a place so far out of their realm of thinking. I spoke in complete humility to have the power to impart the pleas of hungry children upon their hearts. And hear they did with open hearts, tearing eyes, and generosity unimagined. As morning found this weary body rising, the tally of financial gain was made over a cup of Honduran coffee. We netted a profit of $5000+, but what we truly gained on behalf of our village is yet to be seen or felt, because the true depth has little to do with money! To all who participated, there are no words worthy. I am blessed to have each of you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment